Hi, I’m Jessica! My friends and family call me Jess. I’d like to share a little about me.
I grew up in rural Virginia with my loving parents. While I was an only child, I was surrounded by extended family. My cousins and I often times refer to each other as siblings. Many of our family relationships are not traditional as we are a very tight-knit group.
I’ve enjoyed seeing my cousins grow their families. Now, I have second cousins who I consider to be my nieces and nephews. At family gatherings, you can usually find me playing with the kids. It can get rather goofy very quick. These experiences reinforce my desire to be a mother myself. Being a mother is what I always imagined being when I grew up. I’m very excited to be the little family I always imagined.
I enjoy baking, travel, and photography. I like to be creative and see how far I can push myself when baking. Making cakes is a lot of fun, but I’m not Martha Stewart by any stretch of the imagination. I also love to travel and see different cultures and historical locations. As a child, I set the goal for myself to see all 50 states in my lifetime. I have successfully traveled to 17 so far. Over the years, I’ve also traveled to several foreign countries, including England, the Dominican Republic, the Bahamas, and Canada. I would love to travel more in Europe and visit Australia. On our vacations and day trips, I take tons of pictures. I’m still very much an amateur, but I enjoy taking pictures of details and structures as well as day-to-day interactions. I hope to share my hobbies with little ones. One thing is for sure. There will be no shortage of photos.
Education is very important to me. I graduated with a Bachelors in Business Administration in 2009. I decided to go back to school to earn a Masters in Elementary Education. I finished my masters in 2012, and have enjoyed tutoring students. Tutoring has been very rewarding for me. I can’t wait to help our child learn new things.
Since I love lists, I thought I’d share with you a few of my favorite things:
- Color: All shades of blue
- Food: Pasta
- Sweet Treats: Reese’s!
- Movie(s): The Princess Bride is one of my favorite childhood movies! I’m glad I could share it with Chris. We love quoting lines from the movie. Nerd alert 🙂
- TV Show(s): Project Runway, Gotham, and The Big Bang Theory. I also love watching reruns of Boy Meets World with Chris.
- Sport(s): Soccer
- Musician/Band(s): I love music, so picking a favorite is challenging. BUT, I’m always impressed by John Legend, Adele, and Sara Bareilles.
- Song(s): “My Favorite Things” from The Sound of Music. My mom used to sing that to me at bedtime. Maybe I can do the same.
- Musical(s): Wicked!
- Book(s): The Harry Potter Series and anything written by Agatha Christie
- Super Hero(s): Batman! Hands down! I love that he’s human and adopted. The Batmobile doesn’t hurt.
- Holiday(s): Christmas. I love decorating, family get togethers, family traditions, the food, and making presents for our loved ones. What’s not to love?
Jessica From Chris’s Point of View:
Jessica is a fun loving and caring person who can always put a smile on your face. She has always been able to make my day better after a rough day at work. Through the years, I have watched how she interacts with her little cousins. I know that she will make a great mother. She has always taken her time with them whether to make sure they know she cares or they understand her answer to one of their questions (even if she has to come up with five different ways of explaining it). I know that her drive for a good education will lead to our children’s success. I can’t wait to see her interact with them to make sure they are able to succeed and feel good about themselves.