We’re in the process of matching with a new donor family and hope to share more with you soon. But, for now, watch these two cuties explain embryo donation in the sweetest way possible. ❤️
We hope the holidays have treated everyone well! I’m sick most NYEs, and this year is no different. 😥 But, we’re looking forward to a new year and new possibilities. We appreciate our family, friends, and followers for sticking with us on this journey.
With the holidays, our research has been slowed somewhat. But, I know the answers will come at the right time.
Happy New Year and stay safe! ❤️
I had a post all ready to go, but a few things have changed in the last week. The holidays are always busy, and I kept putting off posting. It was too Continue reading “Big decisions…”
We’re not pregnant.
This was always a possibility. We were given Continue reading “*Deep breath*”
Wow! I’ve been unintentionally quiet. The medicine I’m taking makes me so tired, and motivation is hard to come by. We transferred our last donor embryo, Pumbaa, two weeks ago. Today, Continue reading “The moment has come…”
Yesterday, I had my last ultrasound and bloodwork before our transfer. The estrogen patches have helped thicken up my uterine lining. Hopefully, it’s a nice cushy place for Pumbaa to burrow.
Today, I’ll be having my first progesterone injection. And, I’m really hoping it’s the first of many. If Pumbaa “sticks,” I’ll have about 10 weeks of injections. It’s a necessary evil to maintain a pregnancy when transferring embryos.
Thursday, I had my second ultrasound and bloodwork done for this cycle. Our fertility doctor was a little nervous my estrogen was Continue reading “Plan Z…”
From starting “this” process all over.
Oddly, there’s some comfort in the routine of doctor’s visits and medicine schedules.
But, the “what-ifs” are getting Continue reading “One week out…”
Our next cycle is on the calendar. Every appointment. Every medicine.
It’s real. It’s happening.
And, I’m excited!
Our last remaining embryo, Pumbaa, will most likely be transferred on November 7. My first appointment to kick this cycle off won’t be until October 15. So, we have a little calm before the “storm.”
Our fertility doctor did make one small change to my protocol. I’ll be taking my antiobiotic earlier in the cycle followed by probiotics. No biggy.
For fun, I decided to see when Pumbaa would be born if he/she makes it to the baby stage…it would be July 25. That’s the day we transferred Timon. It wasn’t planned that way. It just happened. And, I so hope this is a sign.
The time has come! Tomorrow, I have an appointment to schedule our next embryo transfer. We have a few things to work around, but we’re thinking we’ll transfer in October or November. But, honestly I’m just hoping it’s the RIGHT timing. Whatever it ends up being 🤷🏼♀️
I’ll try to update y’all tomorrow on when we’ll be starting and any changes in the protocol. I don’t expect any, but you never know. We’re excited to see if Pumbaa, our last frozen embryo, will be the one to make us parents again. But, we’re definitely having a lot of “what if” conversations lately. Those can be really hard, but we’re hoping and praying that they’ll all be for nothing, and we’ll be having Baby #2 in Summer 2020 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼